Thursday, October 09, 2008

Today I received pictures from my daughter, Gretchen, of the State Fair of Texas ribbons we all won. What a joy for me to see my family involved in creating art and getting recognition by the Judges in the Creative Arts division.
Avery, who is 5, won a ribbon for her sculpture of a ballerina. Her Pre-K class at her school did a whole series of studying art by the Masters. The ballerina was part of deGaus The Little Ballerina.

Her teacher did a remarkable job of presenting the artists and the kids loved making the statues out of polymer clay on the armature I set up for them. Yes, believe it or not.... the kids did the majority of the art. One little boy's ballerina wore a batman cape when he finished. That's art!

Zachary, age 9, created this little polymer clay guy one day while fooling around in my studio. Then before I know it, he made a skateboard for him.

He had fun and now he has a ribbon too. For 9 years old, he's got a lot of creativity running through those fingers! He is always drawing something. When he's waiting for something, he draws - when he's anxious about things - he draws. Now he's making up his own comic book characters. I'm anxious to see what he comes up with next.

Gretchen, their mom, has been taking great photographs for a long time. She has always had an interest in photography for as long as I can remember. She said she thought her pictures were as good as some she had seen at the State Fair so she sent in this picture and won a ribbon as well. I'm delighted! I wish you could see the picture up close. The art in this picture is how she captured Avery's eyes as she was measuring herself to see if she was tall enough to ride that ride! When Gretchen gets her picture back from the Fair, I'll take a close up shot of why that picture is too cool!

And last - my ribbon for polymer clay work I did. Hope you like seeing the pictures. I'm happy that I've got such a creative family!

1 comment:

Diane Geisel Reiki Master, formerly MyGemStoneBox by Diane said...

Thanks so much for sharing your awards! Creativity runs in your family!
Best,
D
http://mygemstonebox.blogspot.com